The Indian Council of Medical Research initiated the Short Term Studentship Program in 1979 with objective to promote interest and aptitude for research among medical & dental students of country. The main focus of this program is to provide an opportunity to medical students to familiarize themselves with research methodology and techniques by being associated for a short duration with their seniors on an ongoing research program or by undertaking independent projects.
The students are free to choose any topic of their choice in consultation with their guide for submission under STS.
This year ICMR has stopped the STS for dental students . Read for reason http://www.icmr.nic.in/shortr.htm read announcement on top.
Important dates –
- The students are required to register on ICMR website ONLINE on or before 10th January 2017.
- Submit the application form and research proposal online latest by 25th January 2017.
- Proposals will be evaluated and results will be displayed on the ICMR website by end of April 2017.
- If selected, the student is expected to complete the project in any two given months between May and August 2016 and submit the report before the last date of submission i.e. 17th Oct, 2017.
- The student will be awarded stipend and certificate only if his/ her report is approved.
The value of the studentship will be Rs. 5,000/- per month for 2 months’ duration (Rs. 10,000/- only) and is meant to be a stipend for the student.
For any queries please contact :
The interested students can write mail to get guidance for project proposal write up. We are guiding students for same.