Surat has two medical colleges, one government and one corporation medical college. The SMIMER is corporation run medical college. It has 75% goovernment quota nad 15% NRI and 10% management quota seats. The authority has advertized the 15% NRI admission in all newspaper. The admission forms are available online and in physical form from college.
The tuition fees for total duration of course (i.e. 09 terms) will be US $ 1,00,000 (US Dollars
one lack only) as per the permission of competent authorities.
The above fees shall be payable in five (05) equal instalments of US $ 20,000 (US Dollars
twenty thousand only) per year. First installment of tuition fee shall be paid at the time of
admission and thereafter every year in the month of July only.
Tuition fees should be paid in US Dollars only through the NRI account by Demand Draft/
Electronic Transfer in favour of “Commissioner, Surat Municipal Corporation” payable at
Eligibility will be subject to ‐
The rules and regulations framed by the Admission Committee for the Professional
Medical Educational Courses/Government of Gujarat regarding admissions for the
academic year 2015.
The Medical Council of India (MCI) norms
1. a) Non Resident Indian students/ students whose parents are Non‐ Resident
Indians or in absence of his parents, his legal guardians are Non‐Resident
b) Students who are dependents of Non‐Resident Indians for the educational
purpose supported by the necessary proof.
c) The candidate who is dependent on Non‐Resident Indian shall have to
produce necessary proof in support thereof to the satisfaction of the
concerned college or institution.
d) ‘Dependent of Non‐Resident Indian’, it would not be enough that a candidate
produces willingness of the sponsor to pay his/her fees for the course in
question. It would be necessary for the candidate to show in what manner
he/she claims to be dependent of the NRI.
e) A candidate would have to produce before the authority materials
suggesting that in the past also for his/her education and other related
requirements, he/she was dependent on such sponsor and that the parents
do not have economic means to provide for necessary fees and other
expenditure for the course in question.
2. The student must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
and English individually and must have obtained minimum of 50% marks taken
together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (in theory) at the qualifying
examination as prescribed by the MCI/VNSGU/Government of Gujarat.
3. a) The NRI student passing 12th
(10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology &
English must have Equivalent Certificate from the Association of Indian
b) In case of (1) ‘b’ category (dependent) he/she must have passed qualifying
examination as under: Candidate must have obtained a minimum of
50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective
subjects with English in the qualifying examination of the respective
board as prescribed by MCI“.
The prospectus and application form can be downloaded from our websites:
www.suratmunicipal.gov.in or http://smimer. suratmunicipal.gov.in
2. All the application form must be accompanied with an amount of Rs.20, 000/‐
(Rs. twenty thousand only) as application and processing fee in cash/demand draft
(DD drawn in favour of "Commissioner, Surat Municipal Corporation” payable at
3. The application form duly filled and signed, together with all the relevant
documents and the requisite fee of Rs.20,000/‐(Rs. twenty thousand only) can be
submitted personally or through registered post at the following address so as to
reach on or before the prescribed last date.
Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research (SMIMER),
Opposite Bombay Market,
4. The last date of submission of the duly filled application form along with
requisite documents is 6th July 2015 (upto 05.00 PM)
5. Incomplete application form will not be accepted.
6. In case of Non Resident Indian Students (passed qualifying examination
outside India) all certificates must be duly attested and stamped by the Indian
Embassy of the concerned country
Photocopies of documents to be attached with the application
Application will be considered only if the following photocopies attached are duly
1. School Leaving Certificate of student establishing that the student has completed
17 years as on 31‐12‐2015 (i.e. those who are born before 01.01.1998).
2. HSCE or equivalent examination marks‐sheet (in case of bonafide NRI, the
grading should be converted to the equivalent marks as per mark sheet of
Gujarat Higher Secondary School Examination from the parent school / college
itself) and the certificates of passing and attempt.
3. Provisional eligibility certificate from Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
4. Transcript from the respective school/board/university and Equivalence
Certificate from Association of Indian Universities (where applicable i.e.
student from foreign country).
5. Affidavit given by NRI student/parent/guardian stating his/her Residential
status as per Income Tax Act 1961/FEMA.
6. Any evidence like Residential proof, copy of citizenship, salary certificate or
certificate from the employer etc. to establish the present status as NRI on
whom the student is dependent for educational purpose.
7. Affidavit given by concerned NRI proposing to undertake responsibility for
paying tuition fees / medical education of student.
8. Affidavit (on non‐judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100, attested before executive
magistrate or government notary) along with supportive documents given by
either of parents/grandparents of student or student he/she is major
regarding relationship with the NRI, and in what manner the student claims to
be dependent on NRI, who is to take responsibility for paying tuition fees of
student and they do not have economic means to provide the necessary
fees and other expenditure for the course.
9. Affidavit along with supportive documents by the NRI/ Parent/Student that NRI
sponsor has been supporting the said student in the past for educational and
10. Attested copy of the nationality and citizenship of NRI parents/NRI student/ NRI
Guardian and copies of documents and all the pages of passport (including blank
pages) showing his/her status as NRI.
11. Medical certificate of fitness as per requirement of the Council.
12. Indemnity Bond by parent/ Guardian as applicable.
For details of form and more visit -http://smimer.suratmunicipal.gov.in/content/UG%20NRI%20Admission%20Form%2015-16.pdf